Thursday, April 23, 2009

Terraza

4/23/09

            Today is Saint Jordi’s day in Barcelona. Saint Jordi is one of the patron saints of Barcelona, whose myth involves slaying a dragon. In the myth a rose grew out of the dragons blood and so it’s traditional for men to give women roses. It is also the day that Shakespeare and Cervante’s both died, so it’s traditional for women to give men books. All over Plaza Catalunya, and really everywhere in the city there are stands up selling books and roses. There are book readings and live music and dancing all over, it’s really pretty, and the weather could not be better for it, sunny and warm.

            So of course I have been inside most of the day, working on my papers…

But I have significantly widdled down my to-do list so I feel productive at least.

Things left to do:

Finish a 20 page story

Write 2 take home finals

Take 2 other finals

Later in the day...

And now it is the NIGHT of Saint Jordi and I am rebelling and sitting out on our terrace. Antonia doesn’t want me to because my sickness isn’t going away and she thinks it will be too cold, but I had to put my foot down because it is a gorgeous night and the temperature is incredibly warm… so I waited for her to leave for work and now I’m outside.

            We’re going to a rooftop bar tonight, I’m celebrating getting so much work done/taking a breather before alllll of my work next week. I am, however, officially donezo with classes. Only finals are left. Only 9 days remain so we’re trying to hang out everyday and soak up each other’s awesomeness.

            Welp, Wilfred the Hairy AKA Antonia’s son just came over. (as he always does), so I bettah go back inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment