Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Roma Tomatoes.

2/25/09

Ohh the things I should be doing right now instead of writing this. But I guess it is technically homework, so I’ll justify it.

Rome was amazing, we were there for four full days and we packed so much stuff into all of it. We walked the entire city on foot and by the end of it our feet were literally throbbing and our bodies were exhausted. We worked that city over. We saw… I want to say… EVERYTHING there is to see in Rome. We even got into the Vatican museum for free because it was the last Sunday of the month. We got blessed by the Pope in St.Peter’s square and went to a mass in the Basilica, so many things. Tejas and Chessie basically mapped out the whole thing because they both had specific things they wanted to do and I just wanted to do everything.

 Our hostel was Ok, Chessie and I were in a room with 6 other girls who inexplicably went to bed AND got up before we did even though we were slumbering and rising very early, so we never really met anyone there. But one night we decided to go get some crepes, and on the way we stopped at a grocery store to buy these little pops called “Sanbitter” that we had been seeing everywhere, because we figured they must be good and also the bottle was tiny and cute and the pop was red. Turns out these things tasted sanBITTER and were disgusting. We asked these three girls who were in the store to take a picture of us being disgusted… because these are the things we think are important to document. It turns out they were Americans as well, who just graduated from college within the past two years and were all playing professional volleyball in Switzerland. We talked for a while and they ended up coming to get crepes with us and hanging out for a long time. They said if we do end up taking a trip to Switzerland at any point while we’re here that we can stay with them for free. International connections. (crepes by the way: delicious, gelato: deluxe, pizza: of the gods.)

I went with Chessie and Matt to Sitges (a city on the beach) last night for Carnaval, which, if you haven’t heard of it, is a huge mardi-gras like celebration where everyone dresses up and there are DJ’s on the beach and parades and stuff. It was so much fun, we ended up not getting back until 7:30 the next morning. Spain be crazy.

I leave for London tomorrow night. I’m very excited, I loved London when I went there the first time in high school and I have already done all of the touristy things. Sara and Katie will be there so it will be nice and I can just hang out with them and visit the places again that I liked the best.

After London I’m bout to be hit with a wave of homework, papers and exams…

No comments:

Post a Comment